There’s nothing more fun than baking with Oscar. True it’s a messy endeavour, and the likelihood of everything turning perfect is rather small BUT it’s fun.
Oscar’s found a stormtrooper cookie making set when we went grocery shopping (which taught me this valuable lesson : always pay attention to what your toddler can grab while you’re out grocery shopping…).
Here’s our Stormtrooper Cookie recipe:
What you need:
- 225g (8oz) butter, softened
- 110g (4oz) caster sugar
- 275g (10oz) plain flour
What you do:
- Preheat the oven at 180C (around 375F).
- In a large bowl (or in a food mixer) mix the butter with the sugar and beat until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Sift the flour into the mixture (at this point you can jazz it up by adding cinnamon spices or chocolate chip cookie or anything that takes your fancy).
- Keep mixing until it makes a dough.
- Then I spread the dough using a rolling pin/ Oscar used mostly his hands and once it’s about 5mm thick use your cookie cutter and place the cookie shaped S-Trooper slightly apart from each other on a tray (You don’t need to grease or line a tray).
- If you don’t have a stormtrooper cookie cutter, you can make walnut sized balls, which you’ll need to flatten them with the back of a fork (or you might just have Cookie rocks) and if you feel creative you can decorate them (once cooled) to look like the Death Star.
- Bake them in the oven for around 15 mins until they are golden brown and slightly firm on top.
- Place the cookies onto a cooling rack and leave them there for around 15 mins.
- Once cool decorate or just serve.